Let us reflect upon our own faith journey with the following questions:
Do I believe? How deep is my faith? Am I open to letting God speak to me? Am I open to the Word of God and willing to let God’s truth sink in more deeply? Am I willing to let faith change my life?
Romans 10:9-17 For, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. For the scripture says, “No one who believes in him will be put to shame. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all, enriching all who call upon him.
- Belief …” What has your journey of belief looked like? Have you looked deeply at the question of your beliefs? Do you even know what you believe? Have you tackled the tough questions of God, the creation of the universe, the afterlife, the moral life, worship and the like?
- Desire for Happiness: Have you ever pondered this desire for happiness written on your very soul? Have you ever realized that this desire affects almost every decision you make? Do you realize that sometimes it leads you to seek a false and momentary sort of “happiness” that, in the end, only leaves you dry and empty?
- Fulfilling that Desire: What makes you happy? What makes you truly happy? What is that one thing that fulfills you? Of course, the answer is God. This is obtained by faith in Him. Try to explain how you may have discovered that God is the way to fulfill your desire for happiness. Perhaps there was a specific moment when you began your conversion. Or perhaps there were many little moments you can point to when you began to make this discovery. Share what you are comfortable sharing. Your story may be what another needs to hear!
- Knowing God: we come to know God in two ways: Human reason & Revelation (faith).
- Human reason: Discuss what we can arrive at by our human reason alone. How much can we arrive at regarding God? What can we prove about God? If you were to enter into an argument with an atheist about God, what would you use as argumentation to prove that there is a God?
- Revelation (faith): What is revelation and how has it come to us throughout the ages. What has spoke God to us through the ages?What did He say to Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses, the Prophets, John the Baptist, Jesus and the Church?
Reflections: On the Inner walk with God.
Take time in reflecting upon these. See what areas that may need to be strengthened.🌹
#alwayslearning #Reflections #RestoringLoveandFaith